India Bazaar understands the need of its customers to get the best recipes, that is why we have curated a list of recipes that you will love! Click here to check out our recipe page.
If you are a fan of the Indian dessert Gulab Jamuns, this cake recipe is a must try. You just need to invest 10 minutes of your time and a delicious dessert will be ready to be cherished by your friends and family.
India Bazaar brings to you a mouth-watering recipe with all the flavours of the gulab jamun in a cake without any frying! We are sure it's going to be your favourite tea cake with flavours of cardamom, saffron and a sweet drizzle to make the cake moist and soft.
Gulab Jamun Cake Recipe
No Fry Gulab Jamun Dessert in Minutes.... Lets begin !
1 cup packaged gulab jamun mix
¾ cup sugar
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of saffron
1 cup milk
¼ cup Vegetable oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
For Sugar Syrup:
½ cup sugar
1 cup water
Pinch of cardamom powder
Pinch of saffron
Silvers of pistachios
- Pre- heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a baking tin by lining it with butter paper and brush with oil. Dust with flour and tap away the excess flour.
- Slightly warm the milk and add the saffron strands and let it rest till you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add flour into a mixing bowl and add the gulab jamun mix, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom powder. Mix well with a large spoon to remove any lumps.
- Add milk and oil to the dry ingredients.
- Mix till no dry patches remain, being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter in the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Wait for 10 minutes to cool before taking it out of the pan and cooling completely on a wire rack before decorating.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the sugar syrup by combining the ingredients mentioned above in a sauce pan. Heat it to melt the sugar and bring the liquid to 1 boil.
- Using a wooden skewer poke holes all over the cake. Now drizzle the sugar syrup all over the cake.
- Decorate with raw chopped pistachios and almond slivers.